Monday, July 17, 2006

New Leaf

While it's the same-old-same-old out (read: unbearable heatwave, 90+ and no A/C thankyouverymuch), change is happening elsewhere. Re: Links: They got lost during conversion together with my prog bars. Uggboots. All should be back up within a week.

Don't worry, this blog will stay advertising-free. No paid product-placements and especially no paid product pics. I'm not blogging for money.

My job is in marketing/advertising. Around here I'm A.M. Mensch. Should my situation worsen financially I'll let you know and put up a donation/collection box or some in-your-face visible/recognizable ads. Not gonna pull one over you.

It's a personal decision. I know others (who aren't exactly starving or struggling, oddly enough) have made different choices, that's become rather obvious. Even I didn't get it for a while, thought it was a kind of Brett Easton Ellis-ish personal style. Of course it's each individual blogger's own decision to work hard and try to increase their "traffic" and /to cash in on that. It's also each individual blog-reader's personal decision how they feel about this and if they want to support it and/or the individual blogger.

Scott The Reader had a post re: writing for some burger franchise recently. I'll say something about writing to sell merchandising/rides in movies and TV one of these days.

In the end it's up to each individual what they support with their Dollars or Euros or Rupees. If those flicks make good B.O. then there will be more assignments along those lines. Be prepared. Bill Martell had a nice Tip on that, by the way. It was titled something like Writing for Toys.

Now I'm gonna have some *****Russian Vodka with no-brand Bitter Lemon over a mountain of ice cubes.

4 comments:

Lianne said...

Mmmm, that Russian vodka sounds nice...even though it is only 8.00am here. It's already too hot...

A. M. said...

8 A.M.? I recommend iced tea/coffee. Yummy. Why am I seeing cupcakes? It just ain't fair.

Lianne said...

The cupcakes are staying! If I can't eat them, I can at least admire how pretty they are.

A. M. said...

I'd rather look at you admiring something in the O.S.... Going to consider the "turn avatars off" option. ;)